Eco-Justice Collaborative can bring a stimulating, interactive and fun learning experience to your church, synagogue, school or other organization. We can provide single presentations, an educational series or workshops tailored to meet your needs both in time and content.
Each workshop not only raises awareness of the impacts of our unsustainable use of resources on our planet and people (particularly in developing countries), but also highlights solutions. We believe that, as a society, we have all the tools we need to begin to heal our planet and bring about a just distribution of resources. The will to make change is up to us!
Contact us for more information or to schedule a workshop.
A Theology of Enough:
A three-part series, especially designed for faith communities:
- “Just” Consumption: What does our faith tradition tell us about consumerism?
- “Just” Eating: Why is food both an ecological and justice issue?
- “Kicking the Fossil Fuel Habit”:
- Why relying on coal and oil is not sustainable
- What are our options?
Our Ecological Footprint:
What is the cost of our lifestyles and the American Dream?
- How much of the earth’s bio-capacity is required to support your lifestyle?
- What are the costs of this lifestyle?
- How do we compare to other countries?
- What can we do today to live more sustainably?
Planet in Crisis:
- The forces behind today’s ecological crises
- Lessons from the Old Testament
- What we must do to turn things around
- How you can work for change
Our Food System – Preparing for the Future:
- The History of our industrial agricultural food system
- How our system is dependent on fossil fuels
- Why changing your diet is the best thing you can do for our environment
- Creating a food system that is healthy for people and our planet
How the Peaking of Oil and Gas Will Affect Our Way of Life
Hubert’s Peak – Declining oil production and what it means
- Post-carbon lifestyles
- Food and food security
- Transportation and local economies
- The need for community
- Transition Towns
“Just” Consumption / A Call to Live More Sustainably
- Two views of creation and how each affects our worldview of sustainability
- The impact of our lifestyles on people and our earth
- What is “Enough”?
- Choosing to live more sustainably
Lifestyles for a Sustainable Future – 8 Week Series
- How does our faith guide us in responding to the environmental challenges of the future?
- How can our actions reflect the justice and affirmation of life in which we believe?
- What covenant will we make to lessen our footprint on our world?
- The impacts of our patterns of consumption
- How to create a sustainable food system
- Our energy future in a post-oil world
- The realities of climate change and what we can do
- Choices we make through our spending and investments
Reduce Your Carbon Emissions – Go on a Low-Carbon Diet!
- Lose 5,000 pounds in just 30 days!
- Learn about things you can do TODAY to help address global warming
- Adopt cool lifestyle practices for the home, office, church and community
- Empower yourself. Empower others. And – have fun while doing it!