MAKE A DIFFERENCE. JOIN A CAMPAIGN
Contact us by email or call 773.556.3418 if you are interested in getting involved with one or more of our campaigns. Being involved can include:
- Promoting events.
- Sharing posts related to campaign activities via Facebook or Twitter.
- Tabling at events and markets.
- Making telephone calls to supporters or elected officials.
- Writing letters to the editor.
- Making legislative visits.
- Participating in non-violent direct action.
- Becoming part of the planning team.
PROTECT THE MIDDLE FORK FROM COAL ASH POLLUTION
The campaign goal is to ensure that Dynegy-Midwest Generation moves its toxic coal ash out of the floodplain of Illinois' only National Scenic River and places it in properly-constructed, lined facilities on their property, far from the river.
REINVEST IN ILLINOIS’ HEARTLAND
The primary campaign goal is to fund projects and programs for coal-producing communities in Illinois via a coal severance tax. A secondary benefit is to tell the story about the real costs of coal to the state's economy and communities.