STOP FRACKING CALL IN DAY JANUARY 2, 2013
Action Mini URL: http://pjep.org/ziv
Organization: CAPOW! Citizens Act to Protect Our Water
Description: ACTION ALERT: Stop the Frack Call-in Day January 2
KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!
Call now and call January 2 to tell Illinois state representatives to vote “yes” on SB3280 with the moratorium on fracking.
Gas and oil companies are eying Illinois and buying up leases
The January Veto Session is scheduled from January 2-8. SB3280 with the moratorium may come up for a vote. The state-wide anti-fracking coalition is making progress and continuing to lobby representatives. To date 37 representatives have signed on as sponsors. Please help keep fracking out of Illinois
Let Illinois state representatives hear from you.
Call your representatives at their Springfield offices. If you do not know your state representative or his/her phone number, call the State Switchboard at 217-782-2000 and they will identify your representative and connect you.
For a description or update on the bill, see: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3280&GAID=11&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=64455&SessionID=84&GA=9
For more information, see:
www.dontfractureillinois.net (website of S.A.F.E., Southern Illinoisan Against Fracturing our Environment
For description and update on SB3280, see direct link: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=3280&GAID=11&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=64455&SessionID=84&GA=97
Pennsylvania Alliance for Clean Water and Air List the the Harmed
1) High pressure hydraulic fracking (fracking) is not the same process as has been used in Illinois for decades. It uses a much more powerful technology.
2) The mix of 600 or more toxic chemicals has poisoned wells, and resulted in harm or death to plants, animals and humans.
3) Fracking uses huge amounts of water – up to 2-7 million gallons per frack and a well can be fracked many times.
4) Many citizens of Southern Illinois are opposed to fracking. Bans or moratoria have been passed in Alto Pass and Carbondale. Carlyle passed a ban on drilling.
5) Please protect the people and environment of Illinois from the harm that fracking has caused in states like Colorado and Pennsylvania.
Be sure to forward word of this action to your list.