Take Action Now …
Sign this Petition to Congress
We can transition to a cleaner, renewable energy future, but Congress needs to pass the legislation to get us there.
Sign this petition created by Eco-Watch, a cutting-edge news service promoting the work of more than 1,000 grassroots environmental organizations, activists and community leaders worldwide. EJC is an endorsing organization.
Tell Congress that you want them to pass a renewable energy policy that:
• Mandates an aggressive RES (renewable electricity standard).
• Sets a limit and tax on greenhouse gas emissions, including carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4).
• Puts an end to subsidies for fossil fuels and nuclear power.
• Provides incentives for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
• Modernizes the electrical grid.
• Provides market certainty to accelerate investment in renewable energy.
• Invests in research and development for battery storage and renewable energy technologies.
• Encourages distributed generation to help localize energy generation.
• Defines renewable as non-combustion sources of energy.
• Puts Americans back to work by creating green jobs and a sustainable economy.
• Makes the U.S. a leader in fighting climate change and global warming.
• Puts the health of people and the planet before corporate profits.
This petition is the start of a campaign to address the need for a federal renewable energy policy. This petition can help serve as a basis for bipartisan legislation that members of Congress can introduce in their committees and ultimately on the House and Senate floor.
Signing this petition sends an email to U.S. Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-NM), chair of the Senate Committee on Energy & Natural Resources, U.S. Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) and the House Energy & Commerce Committee.
Thanks for all you do,
Pam and Lan Richart,