Comprehensive Clean Energy Bill for the First Time
Fill out a Witness Slip in Support of the Bill
It’s been a long time coming, but the Illinois General Assembly is back in action, after months of delays associated with COVID-19. And, THIS coming Monday, March 15, 2021, at 4pm, the House Energy and Environment Committee will be hosting the first hearing on the Clean Energy Jobs Act (CEJA)! Leaders of the Illinois General Assembly and the Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition (ICJC) reintroduced the Clean Energy Jobs Act (CEJA) in February of 2021, with a pledge to pass the comprehensive legislation in the General Assembly by May 2021.
This is a comprehensive bill that will:
- Bring Illinois to 100% renewable energy by 2050.
- Bring carbon pollution from power plants to ZERO by 2030.
- Expand gas efficiency programs and ensure electric efficiency programs continue past 2030.
- Reduce pollution from the transportation sector by creating a stakeholder process and incentives to transition to electric vehicles.
- Expand renewable energy by 46% by 2030, and ensure access to solar is for everyone.
- Create many good-paying jobs, providing training and career placement.
- Provide for a just transition from fossil fuels for communities.
- Build wealth for communities of color and disadvantaged communities, tackling racism head on through programs designed to overcome systemic barriers such as training, mentoring, access to capital, etc.
Need to know more? Because there IS more. Click here to access the Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition’s website!
Fill Out a Witness Slip for CEJA Today!
Please show your support for CEJA by filing a witness slip in support of this bill BEFORE Monday at 4pm. It takes just 60 seconds.
How do you do this?
Section I. Identification
1. Click this link.
2. Enter your contact information in the appropriate fields.
3. Under “Firm , Business or Agency”, just write in “self”.
4. Under “Title, just write in self.
Section II. Representation
Can be left blank.
Section III. Position
1. Original Bill will automatically be selected.
2. Then check “Proponent” (of the Bill)
Section IV. Testimony
1. Check “Record of Appearance Only.”
2. Check “I agree to the the ILGA Terms of Agreement”
3 Click “Create Slip”.
You will receive an automatic reply via email, confirming that your support has been recorded.
Interested In Watching the Hearing?
Take a front row seat, while watching the hearing at home. All you need to do is to click here on Monday, March 15, at 4pm. If you are interested in joining the work of the Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition, you can contact the coalition here.